Hello, new year. Let’s get on with it shall we?
Grant Barnes, aka Grantimus Maximus, aka The Nerdcore Theologian. He is a graduate of Perkins School of Theology with a Masters Degree in Divinity. He is also a commissioned elder in the United Methodist Church, and Senior Pastor at Hemphill First United Methodist Church and Pineland United Methodist Church. He graduated from Texas State University Cum Laude with a Bachelor's degree in English, minor in History. He watches way too many movies, reads too many books, listens to too much music, and plays too many video games to ever join the mundane reality people claim is the "Real World." He rejects your reality, and replaces it with a vision of what could be, a better one, shaped by his love for God.
- 22,353 hits
- RT @NathanHamm: As followers of Jesus, we can love and respect those who are willing to die for a cause... Even while we are unwilling to… 8 hours ago
- RT @Tesseraconteur: i'm still trying to get over the fact that Chris Evans is the example of the Real Person being better than the fictiona… 13 hours ago
- RT @bombsfall: christian youth group night at the skating rink is a slippery slope to full theocracy 16 hours ago
- RT @jaboukie: huge congrats to everyone who got out of bed this morning & best of luck to those still trying we're all cheering for you at… 16 hours ago
- RT @NathanHamm: Jesus said, Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. Then he died for BOTH his friends… 16 hours ago
TagsActs Advent Advent Conspiracy amurrica Baptism Belief Blogging calling Christ Christianity Christmas church Comics communion community Culture David Discipleship Easter Ephesians ethics Evangelism faith Fear Forgiveness God grace Healing history Holy Spirit hope Hope Humor Jacob Jesus Jesusland John justice Lent Lord of the Rings Love Matthew Mercy Ministry Money Movies Music Nerd Culture Palm Sunday Passion Peace Poetry Poverty prayer Psalms Religion Resurrection Sabbath Samuel Sermon Sermon on the Mount Sermons service Sin Spirituality Star Wars Temple Theology Thor Trinity Trust Truth Uncategorized Worship Zombies